Niagara 5010-DPI Configurations
|Product Name||Niagara 5010-DPI|
|Form Factor||2U Rackmountable|
|Support for Layer 7 filtering|
|Support for Layer 2-4:
10G SFP+ Direct Attached Cable*
10G SFP+ SR
10G SFP+ LR
*Direct attached cable is supported for transmission distances of 1,2,3,5,8, and 10 meters
The Niagara 5010DPI is a Next Generation PackMaster System. The Traffic Distribution and Load Balancing has flexible and extensive configuration options. The system can support 50,000 filters on Layer 7 packet, IPv4 and IPv6 traffic, MPLS packets and it provides the ability to customize keys for distribution. Application identification capabilities include SKYPE, YouTube, BitTorrent, Facebook and more.
The 24 ports support 1 gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP and SFP+ support including multi mode, single mode and extended mode fiber.
Due to its versatility and flexibility the system can support mirroring to multiple ports aggregation of multiple ports to a single port and an extensive filtering engine. There are several load balancing methodologies supported which enable traffic to be distributed according to any configured output of ports.
Due to its versatility and flexibility, the system can support Layer 7 Filtering (up to 50K filters), application identification capabilities (SKYPE, YouTube, BitTorrent, Facebook and more), mirroring to multiple ports, aggregation of multiple ports to a single port, and an extensive layer 2-4 filtering engine. There are several loadbalancing methodologies supported which enable traffic to be distributed according to any configured output of ports and the distributing key can be defined as follows:
- Layer 7 -- application identification and filtering (Skype, YouTube, BitTorrent, Facebook and more).
- VLAN ID -- packets belonging to the same VLAN will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Src -- packets belonging to the same IP source will be redirected to the same port.
- IP-Dst -- packets belonging to the same IP destination will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Src -- packets belonging to the same MAC source will be redirected to the same port.
- MAC-Dst -- packets belonging to the same MAC destination will be redirected to the same port.
- TCP-Port -- packets with the same TCP port will be redirected to the same port.
- UDP-Port -- packets with the same UDP port will be redirected to the same port.
- User Defined Byte (UDB) -- where the key for distribution is configurable and all the packets with the same key will be redirected to the same port.
PacketMaster GUI Screenshots
Niagara 5010-DPI provides major features that are essential in today’s data centers:
- Layer 7 filtering
- Load balancing according to multiple key definitions
- Session aware load balancing
- User defined bytes for filtering
- Port failover mechanism
- Counters for ingress and egress traffic
- RMON statistics
- TACACS+ for centralized authentication
- Syslog for events logging
- SNMP management and reporting
- CLI and Web-based management and configuration
- Mirroring of one to many and any to any
- Secure logging and secure management
- Support for a total of 50,000 filtering
- MAC source and destination
- IP source and destination
- Protocol: HTTP, VoIP, FTP, etc.
- VLAN ID
- TCP port source and destination
- UDP port source and destination
- User Defined Byte (UDB)
|Operating Temperature||0 to 55 ºC or 32 to 131 ºF|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95%|
|Maximum Power Consumption||150 Watts up to 950 Watts|
Dimensions (Standard 19” rack-mountable)
|Niagara 5010-DPI||Next Generation PacketMaster with 24 SFP+ 10Gb ports - No SFP+ modules included|