Sierra 3220 is a low-profile dual-port 10Gbps Fiber Bypass NIC with failover capability based on Cavium (QLogic Arrowhead) FastLinQ technology. Sierra 3220 is designed to plug in and be integrated with server class motherboards. The product is designed with a built-in programmable bypass circuit to provide maximum network uptime. Sierra 3220 supports both multi-mode and single-mode fiber.
Sierra 3220 supports high-speed networking in mission-critical applications such as network security appliances, data analytics platforms, secure databases, web application firewalls, application acceleration, WAN optimization appliances, large public and scalable private cloud deployments.
Sierra 3220 is half-height, half-length server adapter. Using either a short or long bracket, Sierra 3220 can fit into either a low profile or high profile PCI-e slot.
- Cavium FastLinQ technology
- QLogic Arrowhead QL41102 (2x1G/10G) Ethernet controller
- PCI-e x 8 (Gen 3.0) compatible for optimal server performance
- Factory configurable for multi-mode and single-mode networks
- Passive bypass
- Link Fault Detection (LFD)
- Factory configurable for multi-mode and single-mode networks.
- Supports 1000BASE-SX/LX and 10GBAS-SR/LR short and long range optical
plug in modules
- I2C/SMBus management interface
- Two LC connectors
- Programmable ‘Fail-Closed’ and ‘Fail-Open’ during while in power off state
- Speed and Link/Act LEDs for each 1/10 Gbps connection
- FCC class A and CE certification
|Operating Humidity||0% – 90%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0 - 40 ºC (32 - 104 ºF)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C – 65°C (-4°F – 149°F)|
Firewall, UTM (Unified Threat Management), IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems), IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and CMS (Content Management Systems), Network Security, SSL/IPSec offload, WAN optimization, SDN (Software Defined Network), DPI (Deep Packet Inspectors), Application Delivery controllers, virtual CPE, branch routers, and custom networking appliances
|Sierra 3220- SR||Sierra 3220 – Dual port 10G fiber bypass NIC, PCI-e Gen 3 x 8, Cavium QL41102, short reach 10G fiber, half height, half length, short bracket installed.|
|Sierra 3220- LR||Sierra 3220 – Dual port 10G fiber bypass NIC, PCI-e Gen 3 x 8, Cavium QL41102, long reach 10G fiber, half height, half length, short bracket installed.|
|SFP Modules and Direct Attach Cables||Contact Interface Masters Technologies for a full selection of SFP and SFP+ optical modules, and twin-ax direct attach cables|