Sierra 810 is a security accelerator ideal for accelerating encryption/decryption functions and demanding asymmetric protocol operations for a wide variety of networking applications such as secure routers, web-servers, and server load balancers. This card is PCI-e 2.0 x 8 and provides market-leading performance for SSL, IPsec, WLAN or combinations of these protocols, freeing up the CPU cycles for other applications.
The solution delivers eight Cavium CN1620 chips per board for leading-edge encryption and hardware acceleration offload on a single PCI-e card. The CN1620 delivers performance of 2.5 Gbps for full SSL and IPsec protocol offload and 1024bit exponent RSA at 17K RSA operations per second, ensuring optimization for applications such as integrated firewall/VPN appliances, L4+ switches, wireless WAN switches, and 3G infrastructure equipment.
- Supports eight Cavium NITROX 1620 chips per card
- Full, single-operation protocol offload for IPsec or SSL protocols
- Concurrent multi-protocol operations on a single card
- Support for wide performance range with same API and drivers
- Hardware Random Number Generator (HWRNG)
- Software Development Kit (SDK) with low level drivers, diagnostics, APIs, source code and documentation available from Cavium Networks
- PCI-e 2.0 x 8
|Operating Humidity||5%–85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 45 °C or 32 to 104 °F|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C – 65°C (-40°F – 149°F)|
|Maximum Power Consumption||Less than 55W|
Firewall, UTM (Unified Treat Management), IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems), IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and CMS (Content Management Systems), Network Security, SSL/IPSec offload, WAN optimization, SDN (Software Defined Network), DPI (Deep Packet Inspectors), Application Delivery controllers, virtual CPE, branch routers, and custom networking appliances
|Sierra 810||PCI-e x8, SSL/IPSEC hardware accelerator board supporting eight Cavium NITROX 1620 chips|