Niagara 2972-OCP switch family includes Niagara 2972Xm, Niagara 2948X12XLm and Niagara 2960X6XLm. This is the initial switch contribution Interface Masters designed and built for the Open Compute Project. Niagara 2972-OCP Family is a modular 10GbE / 40GbE switch system based on Broadcom’s StrataXGS Trident II switch. The system is targeted to be used as 10GbE/40GbE Top of Rack (TOR) or Leaf Switches. It is designed to be compatible with 19” enterprise rack specifications.
The Niagara 2972-OCP platform is designed for maximum flexibility and highest density in a 1U form factor. Factory configurable options permit for up to 72 ports of 10GbE or up to 48 ports of 10GbE and 12 ports of 40GbE in 1U. This is a modular platform that can support multiple CPU and mass storage options including x86 and PowerPC. An optional Data Plane processor is also available for Network Function Virtualization. Customization services are offered.
Software configurations include white box with ONIE, complete SDK for custom development, L2-4, Open Flow and several software partner solutions. Interface Masters and our software partners provide comprehensive technical support for multiple engagement scenarios. Interface Masters proudly designs and manufactures our products in the USA. For a complete list of factory options and services, please contact Interface Masters.
- Broadcom Trident II+ StrataXGS
- Mid-plane architecture with 6 I/O sockets
- 4 left side sockets – 12x10GbE each
- 2 right sockets – 12x10GbE each or 6x40GbE each
- Multiple control plane processor options
- x86 and PowerPC
- Data plane processor option
- Dual redundant power supplies
- 1+1 redundant, hot swappable power supplies
- Field replaceable fans
- 4 dual hot swappable fan assemblies
- Management interfaces
- RS232 CLI interface
- 10/100/1000 management port
- Optional USB port*
- Lower OPEX with high efficiency power conversion
- High efficiency internal components
- High efficiency AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies
|Operating Temperature||0ºC to 40ºC|
|Maximum Power Consumption||406W|
|Niagara 2972Xm||72 ports 1G/10G SFP+|
|Niagara 2948X12XLm||48 ports 1G/10G SFP+ and 12 ports 40G QSFP+|
|Niagara 2960X6XLm||60 ports 1G/10G SFP+ and 6 ports 40G QSFP+|
|Options*||• Control Processor
• Data Plane Processor
• Mass Storage
• 1+1 redundant AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies
• Custom configurations
* Contact Interface Masters for complete part numbers.